Everything2Stroke Forum banner

LT500 cool head or stock head reworked

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  mercenary223 
#1 ·
Whats the difference understandable the cool head has interchangeable domes and is o-ringed. I heard the stock head can be rechambered and the squish changed for less detionation so which is the way to go..When going with the cool head is it also configured to less detionation??

thanks for you input

Patrick

#3 ·
get the cool head..it looks better..keeps it cooler and is ezer to change domes than go threw the other mess

#4 ·
FYI:
The "Cool Head" will NOT work in ALL LT500 applications w/out checking/modding.
There are different domes for different compressions as well as overbores above 87mm need to have the domes cut or they will DETONATE from the chamber being too small.
$.02
RK

#6 ·
I like the cool head on my zilla but unfortunately it doesnt look that cool you cant see it hardly unless you look for it . I put a $20 super cooler in line and it looks better than a $200 cool head . I didnt get the o-ring type I got the type that uses a standard head gasket , heard bad thing about the o-ring type on a zilla , never had any trouble out of them on shees but I didnt want to take a chance of leaking antifreeze .

#8 ·
Gee, I've been waiting too....................for over 7 weeks.

#10 ·
Hi,
I apologize to anyone who is waiting at MacD.
I have no clue what their problem is.
I will PM Rick and tell him to get his s--t together.
After all, he's making $$ off my stuff to boot.......... go figure.
Maybe I should just delete my Rx post and see if that gets his attention.
Let me know,
RK

#12 ·
thanks doc. Is the new pipe finished yet, and I have heard nothing but good thiings about your stuff except for one guy that sounded like he didnt know how to make jet changes. Any way I have a 1989 zilla and is bored .120 over and still has stock pipe and silencer on it and its about time I get the motor a complete mx kit to her. I am looking for good clean power out of her. Thanks again doc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.