Everything2Stroke Forum banner

RM-85 Spark Gap and fouling

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Maxweston1 
#1 ·
my 80 has been fouling out lately. i think the mix got to much gas left and it died one day tried kicking notihng. pulled the plug cleaned it kicked it. started up ran for about 2 minutes and died. tried kicking again nothing. after a few kicks it let off alot of pressure out the exhaust. fouled spark plug again cleaned made sure there was spark. did again ran for a sec and died. same thing again. any ideas also whats the gap suppose to be on the plug?

#2 ·
I have exactly that kind of issue with my 2004 Suzuki Rm85... :\

I'm currently running a BR10EG plug, i think this may be too cold of a plug, so i want to get a hotter one because you have the same problem as me...

i start it, starts instantly (when plug is cleaned) and then 1-2 mins of running, i have to keep it alive but it just dies... :-\

the other day i had some luck, i cleaned the plug (Perfectly!) and i plugged it in proper tight and it kicked and ran.. 1/4 throttle it was boggy and dieing... but as soon as i keep it over 1/2 throttle it ran sweet and i got about 25 mins of messing around and havin fun... but then later on, i wanted to show my dad that it ran and it wouldn't... had the same damn problem... starts and fouls (dies..)

If you or anybody has any ideas, plz help :) would be appreciated.

Max - 04 Suzuki Rm85 - 07 CPI SuperMoto 50cc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.