Everything2Stroke Forum banner

max bore for a banshee

15K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  370banshee 
#1 ·
i have a banshee with idk what bore in it rite now but he said it comes out to be 410cc with a 4mm stroker. i have stock carbs with open pro design airbox adapter with 360 mains in them and cool head with 20cc domes and v force 3s i was wondering what the max bore i could go to in the winseco line like .80 1.00 .20 etc. and is it safe and how does it work on stock ported cylinders ??? please reply i ride recreational so something that will give the most power and displacement thanx

#2 ·
mine is bored to .08 over, which puts it at 66mm. For the wiseco stroker kit, long rod,that is the biggest piston they make. that kikt has 4mm on the crank and 3 mm longer rods. i think the 310 main is too big, do u foul plugs, mine is jetted at 240 with stock carbs and i can let it idle all day if i want. The guy that set my carbs up told me that its a common mistake to overjet because everyone thinks more gas more power, but thats not always the case i suppose.

#3 ·
bansheeRev404 said:
i have a banshee with idk what bore in it rite now but he said it comes out to be 410cc with a 4mm stroker. i have stock carbs with open pro design airbox adapter with 360 mains in them and cool head with 20cc domes and v force 3s i was wondering what the max bore i could go to in the winseco line like .80 1.00 .20 etc. and is it safe and how does it work on stock ported cylinders ??? please reply i ride recreational so something that will give the most power and displacement thanx

well if you have a h129 wiseco stroker crank youd need 795 series wiseco big bore pistons ( big bore stroker domes would effect piston choice too) for that setup and it wil lbe much bigger than traditional stock sleeve style bore pistons .theres some very important missing info as to your setup and youll need to know the bore size for anybody to be if help.i highly doubt yo u have the correct info listed ...as a 410cc number on a 4millimeter cran k would require yo u to have a 67mm bore which is an oddball size .big bore sleeves generally start at 68mm and up this yeilds 421cc of displacement .youll need to tear your eninge to know .

#4 ·
ya i got a 4mm stoker all ready and ya the guy did alot alot of engine work on my bike so thats why i have the 360s in plus its gettin cold in new jersey rite now so i need gas and believe or not its still runin a bit leannnn so how much power did u see from the pistons

#5 ·
bansheeRev404 said:
ya i got a 4mm stoker all ready and ya the guy did alot alot of engine work on my bike so thats why i have the 360s in plus its gettin cold in new jersey rite now so i need gas and believe or not its still runin a bit leannnn so how much power did u see from the pistons

im confused yo u have stock sleeves in your bike now? and your going to add this 4mill stroker crank ? you were told it would be 410cc? It is already ported ? what bore is it now ? you wont have 410cc with stock sleeves ,

#8 ·
StrokinBanshee said:
mine is bored to .08 over, which puts it at 66mm. For the wiseco stroker kit, long rod,that is the biggest piston they make. that kikt has 4mm on the crank and 3 mm longer rods. i think the 310 main is too big, do u foul plugs, mine is jetted at 240 with stock carbs and i can let it idle all day if i want. The guy that set my carbs up told me that its a common mistake to overjet because everyone thinks more gas more power, but thats not always the case i suppose.
you have a piped 4mill with 240 mains? ,geez thats scary lean. the rods are not 3mm longer, they are 115mm long making them 5 millimeters longer than stock .

#9 ·
i would listen to eviltwin(denny)....hes done this for a while and he definatley no's what hes talking about......most of the time..lol j/k

#10 ·
stock cylinders on a banshee are SLEEVED... an onsleeved cylinder would be cast alum with a nikisil coating which... banshee DO NOT have... and a H129 wiseco crank with stock SLEEVES cannot get you a 410cc.... mine is a 65mm bore and a 4mm stroker long rod..... and i beleive mine figured out to a 385 or somewhere right near that....

STOCK CARBS???? why??

#12 ·
ok mine with a 65mm bore (.040 over STD bore) adn a 58mm stroke (4mm over stock)

comes out to a 385..

now with .100 bore over std... and a 4mm crank (.100 over is bored to far IMO and i'd never reccemend it)
comes out to a 402cc..... i guess somebody could round that up to 410cc....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.