Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I just got a mint 1986 Kawasaki Kx500 b2 works replica

I just got this bike two days ago for $500. It is in very good shape and supposedly has about 50 hours on it since new. I don't think it even has that much time on it to be honest. It dosen't look as if it has ever been in the dirt. This bike is a bear to start up. I finally got it running today and it is very loud. The bike is completely stock and the title says it has 59 horse power. Does anybody know if this is correct? Is there any special way to start this bike that won't kill my foot? I found a guy on ebay that machines the cylinder to hook up a decompression lever. I think $175 is a lot of money for that job. I really don't know a lot about this bike yet. If anybody has any information on this bike and far as specs or helpful aftermarket parts that would be great. I saw a moose torque spacer for only $25.00 on denniskirk. I amthinking about getting this if I hear anything good about it. I have heard this is a Steahly flywheel weight for this bike. I am going to look for that because I like to ride in the woods. I will put on some pics so tell me what you think.

Chris.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kx_500_2.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	461.8 KB 
ID:	6181   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kx_500_3.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	462.1 KB 
ID:	6182  
    Last edited by 95hondaxr250; 01-20-2007 at 09:03 PM. Reason: I foregot the pics

wear boots.

500's are bad-ass... Be careful.

yea a good pair of boots will deffinitly help when i rebuilt my lt i broke the arch in 2 cheap pairs of boots kicking it over

86 lt250r bored 20 over, boysen reeds, and a shitty dg pipe
    my buddies banshee cool head, tomeys, e brake block off and a bunch of other stuff

nice buy for 500$ lucky lol

Default starting

i like that bike i bought one of those brand new in 1986 it was great and never broke clean the pilot jet in carb with compressed air turn gas on lay bike over till gas runs out of ver flow on to ground then sit on seat hold front brake on and open throttle wide open shake back and forward 3 or 4 times wear boots close throttle get kicker on the highest noch jump up and extend leg on down stroke with the coke on gap b9 plug at .025 should start in 2 kicks ps that is if you wiegh 200 plus pounds

bring the piston to BDC and give it hell.... and stock 250's now a days have around 46-51 HP one of my fathers yz490's have 69 horsepower at the wheel... so yeah it's definatly possible to have that amount
    2006 Yamaha YZ250
    KYB SSS Suspension w/ Race Tech Gold Valve
    RB Designs Head
    ASV F3 levers
    Tag Metals Triple clamp
    Pro Taper Bars
    IMS Pro Series Pegs
    Motion Pro Twist Throttle Assembly
    VF3 Reeds
    Dunlop Geomax MX 51 Tires

Thanks to my sponsors:
    Duner Central
    X-Brand Googles

Default starting

i like that bike i bought one of those brand new in 1986 it was great and never broke clean the pilot jet in carb with compressed air turn gas on lay bike over till gas runs out of ver flow on to ground then sit on seat hold front brake on and open throttle wide open shake back and forward 3 or 4 times wear boots close throttle get kicker on the highest noch jump up and extend leg on down stroke with the coke on gap b9 plug at .025 should start in 2 kicks ps that is if you wiegh 200 plus pounds letme kniw if its for sale

9. Default

haha now those are some instructions!

Nice buy for $500. Bike looks great, I've always wanted a CR of KX 500. Be carefull
    1987 Lt500r
    2008 KTM 450sxf I'm a trader but love it!