Default cr250 performance mods?

I just bought my first 2stroke 2001 CR 250 what are the best mods I can do and what brand do you recomend?

I'm assuming it is stock because you didn't say otherwise. The first thing to do on a two stroke is get new exhaust. That will give you a lot of power increase and it's the best bang for the buck. I'd recommend Pro Circuit.

actualy stock dirtbike exhaust is not all that bad, bikes are made from factory to be "race ready" for the average mx racer, and yes you will/can get more power out of an aftermarket pipe/silencer but not a BIG notice in power like on quads, basicly the different pipes just move the power to a different rpm.

start with a better reed/cage set up, free flowing air filter, mill/"shave" the head or aftermarket head, and exhaust, and if you STILL want more power get a good port job.

Bandito is right on track. I always tell every one that gets a new Bike to ride it for a while first. Find out what its all about and where you want the performance gains (suspension or Motor ) Get some time on the seat before you go and up grade especial on a used bike..You might be surprised what gremlins show up in a shot time of owning it ..A 250 is a pretty quick ride to begin with in stock form .. All the performance upgrades in the world won't make it faster is the rider and suspension cant handle it....
    official thief and loser of everything2stroke

what brand of reeds, air filter, and head would you recomend?

www.1dirracing.com G3 reeds an cage or vforce, uni filter and i'm unsure on what companies make cool heads for bikes.