Everything2Stroke Forum banner

82 CR 125 swing arm bolt stuck

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Climb 
#1 ·
I am restoring a 1982 CR 125 and I can't for the life of me get the long bolt out that goes through the frame/swingarm/cases. It goes about 1/2" then feels as if it's bottoming against something. Looking at it, I am guessing that the metal sleeve that the bolts rides through [and the sleeve sits inside the bearings in the swingarm] is rusted to the bolt, and moves far enough to contact the inner dust cover and stop against the engine case.

I soaked it with penetrating oil, but wholly shit, my neighbor and I spent 2 hours tonight and nothing. This bike has been a large pain in the ass that's for sure. Fighting every step of the way.:violent3:

Any ideas as to how to get this out, I have another 82 swing arm I am putting in because this one is busted, they used too long a bolt on the shock and it busted off a part of the arm [shock runs through the middle].

#3 ·
I spent a few more hours, and i'm at the limit of sanity. Tomorrow things involving cherry pickers and the bumpers of trucks hooked up to the bolt are going to be occurring.

Funny I have never had even decent luck any Hondas I have owned, they have all been troublesome at best.

This bike is going to lose......

#4 ·
Haha I WON... she's apart..

#8 ·
And that's always a great feeling aint it?? I hate obstacles like this!!

#6 ·
I just banged out the Banshee, not as bad as removing axle locknuts! But my bro's trx gave him gray hair for a few days!
He attacked it good and got it out though!

#7 ·
A grinder. I cut down through the swing arm, and almost into the sleeve that was rusted to the bolt. Then my grinding disk, got too small, soooo, I got out my electric die grinder for doing heads, put a carbide porting bit in, and ported through the sleeve till I hit the swing arm bolt. At this point, I was able to pound it through.

The swing arm was busted anyway so butchering it was an option thankfully. I got a lot done today on it.

http://forums.everything2stroke.com/honda/32333-82-cr-125-redo-pics.html#post325053

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.