Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default YFZ450 A Arms on a Banshee

What needs to be done to put these a arms on a banshee? Do the spindles need to reamed out or anything? Looks like they will bolt right up and I know I'm gonna need different shocks. Thanks.
    01 Banshee....020" over, Pro Circuit pipes, DMC 916 silencer, CFM aluminum airbox,
    Uni filters, TDR reeds, lightened flywheel, milled head, +4 timing, Renthal bars,
    250r front shocks, Duro Hook ups on the front, Dunlop KT396's out back,
    400ex thumb throttle, TORS removed, yfz450 front brakes.

That is a great question I would like to know the same thing. I had my a-arm powdercoated and almost all the nylon bushing melted out of them so I need some new ones.
    98 banshee
    1998 banshee coolhead .05 over / trail port k&n filter works triple rate front shocks maxxis Irazrs durablue eliminator toomey t5's ac pro peg nerfs

1988 blaster milled head holeshot tires rear all new bearings 3mm stroker crank .04 over bore works dual rate front shocks wiseco piston ct right side pipe
    cr 250 silencer dg pro V front bumper

2006 polaris outlaw with stuff

2000 honda 400ex

2001 Banshee (project)

Blog Entries

I've heard they will work and it makes the front end wider, but I would like to know what is involved before I buy a set.
    01 Banshee....020" over, Pro Circuit pipes, DMC 916 silencer, CFM aluminum airbox,
    Uni filters, TDR reeds, lightened flywheel, milled head, +4 timing, Renthal bars,

Check out the A Arm Forum, there's coverage bout this in there. I think the lower a arm has to be cut or add a spacer.
    Don't remember but it's not a direct bolt on. It does make the front end wider but it also lowers the front end.
    Better than stock, yes! Better than aftermarket, no!
    >> Get on E2S Member Map <<
    * 2001 350cc Yamaha Banshee * Wildcard Racing Duner Port Matched Cases* 64mm Bore *
    Wildcard Cool Head 19cc Domes * Wildcard Crank Rebuild *
    Wildcard Lightened Flywheel *
    UPP Intakes * 33mm PWK Carbs * UNI Air Filters * CPI Racing Pipes * Boss Racing Clutch Basket *
    Pro Lock Clutch * Shift Pro Kit * Flotek Shift Star * Fast Racing Shift Shaft * Pro Design Impellar *
    Quicksand Motorsports +2+1 A Arms * Works Racing Dual Rate Shocks * +4 Swingarm * +2 G Force Axle *
    Skat Trak 21x11x8x9 Hauler Paddles * 21x7x10 Mohawks & 21x7x10 GBC Dune Trackers * Trail Tech Headlights *
    IMS Kickup Pegs * IMS 4 Gal Tank * Wire Harness chopped by me *

Blog Entries

Ok thanks. I'll check it out.

Should just get aftermarket the money your gonna have to spend to make the conversion can compensate how much a set of aftermarket ones would cost
    10mill Cub

Team Kaos Customs

"If your scared go to church"

well there is some cutting required, you'll need the yfz tierods, if you want to keep the geometry correct then you'll need the yfz spindles and hubs. Speaking from experience in the long run just get some aftermarket arms. That way you won't half to worry about trying to sell the yfz stuff later on down the road. Just my .02
    98 banshee XC racer
    stock motor, T5's, hiper front wheels, Maxxis razr II's all around, gripper seat, lonestar a-arms, TCS front shocks..........more to come.......

yfz450 arms on a banshee are crap. Just spend the extra money for a-arms and shocks made for the bike. Ima prob clean up my 450 arms and sell them for dirt cheap.
    little serval cub 01 banshee and an 02 yz250

Quote Originally Posted by RagunCajun View Post
    yfz450 arms on a banshee are crap. Just spend the extra money for a-arms and shocks made for the bike. Ima prob clean up my 450 arms and sell them for dirt cheap.
    little off topic but do they include the shocks if so shoot me a price i dont do any hardcore riding so i think they should be fine and if you could tell me why there crap

good idea...bad idea...

new suspension and arms...good idea!
    yfz450 suspension and arm...bad idea!

front is way too low, steering issues, handleing
    issues, rides crappy...ect

you get the point. although i admit that ive not
    done it myself. i personally do know people that have,
    and its been nuthing but head aches.

ive never heard one good thing about it...