Everything2Stroke Forum banner

300EX cr250 conversion

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  nnnon632 
#1 ·
anyone ever done this before? and what if any parts will interchange between a 300ex and a 250r?

#2 ·
never dont it b4 but i would say very little parts would exchange... the 250r is wayyy better than the 300ex suspension wise, motor wise, and everything wise... putting a 250r motor in it would be ok but that handling would be bad.... try a 400ex... sell me the 300ex frame to put my 76 elsinore 250 motor in.. (haha its a street motor)

#6 ·
what i meant was that some poeple call the dirt bikes 250r so maybe that is what he meant in the description. anyway, i dont know anything about this conversion, but i would think that a 400ex/450r frame would be better for it than a 300ex frame because they are built stronger than a 300ex frame. just my 2 cents.

#8 ·
yes i was talking about a cr250r motor (power valve motor to be specific) but i also asked what would interchange between a 250r and a 300ex...but heres the thing...the only thing on this conversion that would really be 300ex would be the frame..im thinkin i could get a lighter more nimble ride than you could out of a 400 or a 450...i could be wrong but last week i rode this 13 year old kids 300ex that was built for motocross...it was really strong for a 300, but bein a banshee owner and loyalist i was thinkin what it would feel like with some 2 stroke power...this thing handled better than any quad i have ever rode before...+3 +1 arms etc etc and it was on rails! ...but when i take a pic of a bare 300ex frame and take a pic of a bare 250r frame it looks to me like the 300ex is stronger...somebody set me straight...hell i might not know what the hell i am talking about

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.