Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Outboard 2-stroke oil ?

Anyone here successfully using outboard/marine 2-stroke oil ?

I am going to a local track in the morning and I have no oil to mix in with my fuel. All stores are closed right now except for the typical Autozone/Pepboys/Advanced... so I went and found Pennzoil Marine 2-stroke Synthetic-Blend oil.

Products - Synthetic Blend Premium Plus Outboard 2-Cycle Oil

Will this hurt my '03 CR250R's motor? Or the Power Valve? If I can get something better, I will do my best... I have some fuel in the tank for now, and hope someone at the track will sell me some of their "better" oil, unless someone on here can chime in and tell me that this oil that I purchased will do me just fine. I plan on mixing it at 32:1.

And yes, this is my 1st two-stroke... I just got it and haven't even ridden it yet. My friend and I made plans last minute, and this is the only oil around. Didn't check Wal-Mart though.

Thanks in advance! Sorry for the silly question!

Dan

yeah it should work fine.

Ride 50's

Just ride.

ive ran something close after i got mine and did not have any problems ran it for a year or so, there is a thread on the same thing telling why its not good for atvs and cycles
    ANDY

my 2000 blaster
    foam filter from toomey
    4 degree key from dustin420
    toomey b1
    oil block off kit
    Boysen power reeds
    worn out stock front tires
    20x11x8 razr
    bored .020 over
    3mm stroker
    have flotek port and polish to match stroke sometime

Daddy always said a 4 stroke is about as useful as a shovel with a rope handle.

I'd go with a proven oil made for dirtbikes like yamalube, maxima, klotz, etc. I'd be worriesd about gummed up power valves with that stuff.
    '03 Yamaha Blaster
    FMF PC2, Airbox Vents, Boyesen Reeds, Milled Head

'88 Suzuki LT250R Quadracer, Basketcase for now.....

if u cant get anything better, using a tank or two should not kill your engine,
    ANDY

my 2000 blaster
    foam filter from toomey
    4 degree key from dustin420
    toomey b1
    oil block off kit
    Boysen power reeds
    worn out stock front tires
    20x11x8 razr
    bored .020 over
    3mm stroker
    have flotek port and polish to match stroke sometime

Daddy always said a 4 stroke is about as useful as a shovel with a rope handle.

I've used chain saw mixing oil before and didn't blow it up so for what your doing (1 or 2 tank fulls) you'll probably be okay.
    If it ain't broken yet, you ain't tryin' hard 'nuff.

Yeah you should be fine for the day but I wouldn't leave it in after that.
    E2S MODERATOR

1993 Yamaha Wave Runner VXR650

2006 Yamaha PW50
    1975 Suzuki TS185

I would run it.. especially for trail or track riding.. Dunes or wide open runs on the freeway I would probably think twice about it.. and then still run it...lol...

Thanks guys, my friend now wants to go later on instead of early.... which may allow me to find a place that has a "good" oil. I'd rather find something and not have to worry about it, hopefully NAPA has something as they do carry Lucas and Royal Purple around here.

I also am not able to SEARCH on this site for some reason, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this.

[quote= Sorry for the silly question!

Dan[/quote]first off, this is not a silly question. this is the real reason why we are all here, to help the people that dont know, and to keep learning ourselves in the process. however, i am going to have to go agianst the grain on this one. if you where in a pinch and thats all you could get your hands on to make a single trip to get back somewhere, then id say your fine, but to go out for a day of riding i feel would not be a good idea. some may have used this succesfully for a tank or two, possibly for the reason that you got some, but it's still not a good idea in my oppinion and heres why.
    water cooled or even air cooled two stroke motors run at high temps, and the oils used for them are formulated for their temperature ranges.
    outboard motors run alot cooler due to the fact that they have a constant flow of fresh cool water coming from the river,lake, ocean,ect. they never put the coolant in a radiator to try and cool it down befor re-entering the motor.
    the oils used for them is formulated for their operating temperatures.
    i know your not planning to use it all the time, but just a little something to think about.

[quote=
    I also am not able to SEARCH on this site for some reason, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this.[/quote]i believe you can use this feature once your post cont gets up just a little more.
    or you could become a supporting member and have full use of the site.