Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default advanced timing?

i got a 01 banshee and i advanced the timing +2,+3,+4 and nothing runs as good as stock?? its a ricky stator adjustable timing plate.. we tried 3 diff settings and nothing runs a good as stock or set at 0 it dont even sound the same at +2 or more.. could the timing plate be marked wrong? and we would be retartding the timing instead of advancing it? any info is appreciated.. thanks
    01 BANSHEE
    w/ mods
    05 TRX450R
    w/ mods

You're twisting that plate towards the right? What all mods do you have?
    What other Ricky Stator products are you running?
    >> Get on E2S Member Map <<
    * 2001 350cc Yamaha Banshee * Wildcard Racing Duner Port Matched Cases* 64mm Bore *
    Wildcard Cool Head 19cc Domes * Wildcard Crank Rebuild *
    Wildcard Lightened Flywheel *
    UPP Intakes * 33mm PWK Carbs * UNI Air Filters * CPI Racing Pipes * Boss Racing Clutch Basket *
    Pro Lock Clutch * Shift Pro Kit * Flotek Shift Star * Fast Racing Shift Shaft * Pro Design Impellar *
    Quicksand Motorsports +2+1 A Arms * Works Racing Dual Rate Shocks * +4 Swingarm * +2 G Force Axle *
    Skat Trak 21x11x8x9 Hauler Paddles * 21x7x10 Mohawks & 21x7x10 GBC Dune Trackers * Trail Tech Headlights *
    IMS Kickup Pegs * IMS 4 Gal Tank * Wire Harness chopped by me *

just make sure you're twisting the plate clockwise
    Looking for people to ride with, hit me up if you live in central Texas

98 Blaster
    Vito's 240 / Vito's 3mm stroker / F7 exhaust
    35mm pwk carb / boysen pro-series reeds / 14 tooth sproket
    06'TRX450R rear shock / works dual rate front shocks
    Flotek aggressive trail port

yes were turning it clockwise.. and i have toomey t5s, vforce3 reeds, k&n pods, tors eliminated, thats all i can think of lol.. thats the only ricky stator parts i have..
    01 BANSHEE
    w/ mods
    05 TRX450R
    w/ mods

should be running much better with the timing advanced. possibly you have poor quality fuel or too high compression.
    83 cr480r,97 ktm 300mxc 86,trx 250r
    85 atc250sx
    89 indy 500 with psi 800 triple

advancing the timing on a gas unported engine will not yeild the gains that it will on a ported high compression engine. It takes a little longer to burn race fuel is one reason for advanced timing, another is to get back some bottom end on a dune port setup or a low end port with high compression to just get that much more out of it. You should still notice it being a little more crisp on your setup. Check your jetting, timing can make your jetting vary quickly, which is probably the sound difference you hear when you get to +4. Its probably getting pretty lean at that point if you were close on the jetting stock

Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

were running VP Red which is 108 octane mixed with Yamalube 2R = 40:1, its stock bore stock compression.. advancing the timing actually made it burn richer the plug is darker with the timing advanced then it is set at the stock position..
    01 BANSHEE
    w/ mods
    05 TRX450R
    w/ mods

Which way are you turning it? Clockwise is advanced.

Come to think of it though, if your running stock compression with race fuel you probably will get richer advancing for a few degrees, the fuel is burning more completely. A banshee can take alot of timing when your running race gas and likes more on alky. Watch your plug and keep moving up 1 degree at a time. I bet you'll end up around +7 to +8. Just watch for detonation.
    Last edited by fulltiltrider; 08-16-2009 at 07:26 PM.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

yeah im turning it clockwise
    01 BANSHEE
    w/ mods
    05 TRX450R
    w/ mods

This is what +4 looks like on a RS plate,