Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hydraulic brake conversion

Looking for info on a hydraulic rear brake conversion for a 02 blaster.

the rear brake that came with the bike if off, and disassembled into a million pieces, and to boot, looking at the caliper, i hve NO IDEA where or even HOW any brake pads would go into this thing.

so instead of pull my hair out, instead of buying pads, and sitting down for a few hours to put together this clusterf*&k of a mess, i figured it would be easier to put a hydraulic brake on this thing.

do they make a bolt on and go kit, or is it something that has to be pieced together?
    Toys:
    84 250R, 300 kit, Balanced Crank, FLOTEK porting, Wiseco piston,38mm Keihin, Vforce 3, DG type II, UNI Filter
    1980 XL80S
    6.5 HP minibike
    2002 Ranger,Junkyard rebuild
    1969 Broncco TX-6

Any system that seeks punishment of an individual for "wrongs" committed against noone but the law itself is not interested in peace or equality, but in being able to control and manipulate it's citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    You've already got a sex bolt, the hard part is finding the nut it fits into :lol:

I was told the Bansee rear brakes bolt right up, but would have to have a way to mount the master cylinder.

I think there is a way to use the Banshee front also or the 03 and up Blaster had hydros standard.

I am new to the Blaster world myself I bought on that was an unfinished project.
    2000 CR250R
    Pro Curcuit Pipe
    FMF Silencer
    ProTaper Bars

1986 LT250R
    Being Rebuilt at current time
    Gussetted And Reinforced Frame
    Boyesen Reeds
    Barnett Clutch
    AAEN Top End Pipe
    38mm PWK Airstriker

1997 Blaster
    66.75mm Wiseco Pro-Lite Piston
    Wildcard Agressive Trail/MX P&P
    Wildcard Head Mod
    Toomey B1 Exhaust
    Toomey 2-Stage Filter
    Boyesen Power Reeds
    WORKS Dual Rate Remote Ressie Fronts

This one uses the banshee setup.

blaster **NEW** rear hydraulic brake kit caliper : eBay Motors (item 250566322866 end time Feb-18-10 09:40:36 PST)

This is a complete bolt on kit for an 88-02.
    ATV Accessories - George's Outdoor Sales and Service

Both of those are about the best you get for bolt on and go rear brakes.If you have acces to a welder and can fab up some parts then I can give you multiple ways and pics of doing it.Front and rear brakes for that matter.You can get an 03-06 blaster carrier and the shee,warrior,03-06 blaster rear calipers will bolt right up,but you will still need to extend the pedal and make a bracket for the master cylinder,the resorvoir can use an existing tab.You can also get 03-06 right side peg and brake lever and that will keep you from having to extend your existing pedal.You can cut a brake boss off of a shee and weld it to the blaster carrier and it is just about the same as an 03-06 blaster carrier.I have a wealth of information on this conversion and many of pics to match what I have done in all my experiences.Let me know which way you want to go and I will steer you in the right direction.

jus to add to dualstrokes mass of helpful info...u will need an axle and hydro disc hub match 03 and up...i've heard that a tri z rear end will go rite in but, i'm not familiar with the tri z transition myself...i used a shee axle and disc hub that went rite in to my carrier and i still need to get a rear brake set.

jenny is her name!
    2001 yamaha blaster

1991 Honda CR 250R
    (under construction)

if yur interested in the tri z conversion this guy might have yur parts...

FS: Tri-Z liquidation sale. - E2S

jenny is her name!
    2001 yamaha blaster

1991 Honda CR 250R
    (under construction)

You are correct menace,thanks for picking up on that.There are so many variables and ways.lol.The parts he has now will go onto the 03 carrier with no problems but it is a good idea to do the shee axle and brake hub cause the blaster uses a floating rear rotor design and a fixed caliper where the shee uses a fixed rotor with a floating caliper design.Only difference in the 88-02 years and the 03-06 years is just the mount for the caliper,all else is the same.

I know if you want to put front hydros on your blaster you will to get a set of 03 or newer front spindels to mount the brakes on to.

Out gunned every where I go but I'm still holdin it down with a blaster
    If ur scared get a dog. If ur real scared get two dogs.

I did the conversion on Alexia's blaster with all banshee stuff. I had all the parts already, minus the newer blaster carrier and brake pedal. So I was not out very much cash.

If I had to buy all this stuff, I would have just bought the 04+ blaster brakes and been done with it.

Here is what parts it took:
    Rear,
    1 hydro Blaster rear brake pedal
    1 hydro Blaster rear carrier
    1 complete rear banshee brake minus pedal
    Fabbing up a master cyl mount to the frame. We could have used the old carrier and fab up a caliper mount, but I did the banshee axle swap as well. So I decided to just make it easy and get a newer blaster carrier. The hydro caliper bolts right up.

Front:
    2 complete banshee spindles and hubs
    Reaming and drilling the banshee spindles to fit the stock blaster a-arms. Have to fab up a lock nut and bolt.

Keep in mind this was the start of the build on the blasty. We have not made our way around to "the looks" department, so it is no looker...lol...

Cool guys, tons of great info. Fortunately, this is for someone with money, and i stumbled across a kit for the rear, that only needs a couple small welds, but it has all the conversion brackets for on the swinger.

the fronts arent an issue yet, those are nearly new. they will get swapped after they wear down
    Toys:
    84 250R, 300 kit, Balanced Crank, FLOTEK porting, Wiseco piston,38mm Keihin, Vforce 3, DG type II, UNI Filter
    1980 XL80S
    6.5 HP minibike
    2002 Ranger,Junkyard rebuild
    1969 Broncco TX-6

Any system that seeks punishment of an individual for "wrongs" committed against noone but the law itself is not interested in peace or equality, but in being able to control and manipulate it's citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    You've already got a sex bolt, the hard part is finding the nut it fits into :lol:

good deal post a link if you have one.Seeing new kits is always good news to me.