Everything2Stroke Forum banner

killswitch not working

8K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  2000CR250 
#1 ·
i just picked up a 95 banshee
and my killswitch doesnt work
and i can fire the bike up on the off position aswill and the headlights arent plugged up so i cant tell if the light button works or not
bike fires up fine and runs great but the killswitch doesnt work
and ya there is no key on it
im not sure if the 95 banshee came with a key

#3 ·
all i want is a running killswitch and light switch
the killswitch is plugged into the wireharness that leads to the cdi box
everything is plugged the only thing not plugged up is the head lights
ive ran all the wires and everything is plugged up
so i figure the killswitch botton is fried and i need a new one

#5 ·
i still want to run the front headlights ,and i dont like killing the bike in gear becouse the switch dont work
the bike has no tors its all removed but i did noticed the tors black box is still connected to the main wire harness

#7 ·
how would i go about doing that
take the switch off and holding a peice of middle to the inside of the switch
kinda makes since becouse i dont think the inside of the switch is rubbing the bar at all

#9 ·
Yep.......something tells me that this one has custom or aftermarket bars on it and the person who owned it didn't care if the kill switch worked or not. Try fooling with the ground and make sure it is grounded would be my second move after verifying the wiring to the CDI which you have already done.

#12 ·
alright will i hooked up the lights and the light switch works ,but the on off doesnt work
so back to the drawing board
hay scott if i can get it to work right ill get at u forsure

#14 ·
What year is the HJR Banshee? Maybe borrow the uncles switch to see if that's the prob.
Open yours up, maybe it just needs a cleaning. Toss that TORS brain, you don't need it.

Let me know if you need help chopping the harness.. Wutup with the flywheel?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.