Everything2Stroke Forum banner

Dr.Q vs. Jerry Hall LT500 Pipe Comparison

37K views 84 replies 24 participants last post by  monsterbug 
#1 ·
I thought I would list these dyno runs here to show a couple of things: 1. Dr Q is not the #1 LT500 guy out there and 2. Pipe development is a long, slow, and expensive process. Matt Shearer spent a lot of time on his "new" OOF SB banshee pipes and it shows! I hope Jim Smart of Passion has the same success with his "new" pipes as well. Hats off to the guys who put in a TON of time so we can have a little more HP.

Jerry Hall has spent over 5 years on the LT500 pipe development and is now on pipe #19.

Here are a few dyno runs that compare the Hall LT500 pipe to the Dr. Q pipe. For the record, the Q pipe is the 2nd best pipe out there for the LT500. It was hard to find a ture apples to apples comparison but this info. is pretty darn good for the LT500 guys.

The first graph compares the Q pipe to Hall's #14 pipe. Hall's is the blue graph. This is a ported LT500 (not by Hall).

http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/cgblock/?action=view&current=LT500Pipe14vsQ.jpg

The 2nd graph is of the Q pipe vs. the #16 Hall pipe. Each pipe got 2 back to back runs so you see 4 graphs. The green and purple are the #16 Hall LT500 pipe. These are on a Hall ported "Duner".

http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/cgblock/?action=view&current=LT500DunerPipe16vsQ.jpg

The last graph shows the Hall pipes #16, #17, #18, and #19 in that order on a Hall drag ported LT500 on gas.

http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/...=view&current=LT500pipecomp16vs17vs18vs19.jpg

See less See more
#39 ·
Mailman (Chris),

I just saw one of your dyno sheets off of your Banshee. Looking good, now post up the other ones after you guys dialed it in. If i read it correctly, these are the mods you have?

2002 Lonestar Outlaw framed banshee, 492 Cheetah PV on Gas, Jerry Hall port upgrades, Jerry Hall Domes, Jerry Hall Dyno Analysis/Tuning, Shearer OOF Drag sbsf pipes, VForce 3 Reeds

#43 ·
I wouldnt waste my time Dale unless someone brought their bike to the shop...

All you would get are a bunch of people saying it was fixed or you didnt rubber isolate the stinger and that caused it to loose power. People wouldnt believe it unless they witnessed it themselves..

There are people right now only seeing one dyno where there is only a 2 1/2 hp at peak difference and thinking the pipes are still almost identical.. This has to be because they cant read a dyno.

Lets just let this thread die down that way next time we line up with another zilla at the hill it doesnt turn into a three way race like the 2 way race we had the whole night at Dumont night drags

#45 ·
So do you want to test the pipe with the others out there and get some real numbers with a power curve comparison or just let its performance be speculation and keep saying how cheap it is... I'm making an offer to do the work at no cost other than some shipping back and forth.

#48 ·
I don't have one , and am not going to spend 400 bucks to have you test one , lol . I just helped them with the basic design we wanted and the silencer options we wanted . I helped with the clearence issues and did all the leg work for the donor bikes to build the prototypes off of . as stated before , I don't have a stake in these at all , I was just helping a few friends get good performing pipes that didn't break every time out in the dunes . I would be willing to bet though that if ya really wanted to test it you could buy one yourelf , test it , and get your money back after your done , even maybe make a little profit to cover your shipping .

#47 · (Edited)
There were a number of questions for me but I feel like Dale answered them all. Let me know if you still have any.
Dale, sorry about letting your cat "out of the bag". I tried to keep it ananymous. You are too much of a LT500 Celeb.
I will post up my banshee dyno runs in the banshee section so all can see my P.....cat.
Hey, where is the this post on QRHQ? Did I scare the "small minds"? LOL

Link to my dyno run. http://forums.everything2stroke.com/showthread.php?p=437627#post437627

#56 · (Edited)
Chris click on the link

http://www.quadracerhq.com/forum/showthread.php?13222-Dr.Q-vs.-Jerry-Hall-LT500-Pipe-Comparison

Its the very first one Quadracer Nation forum...

Fred, jkylnhyde is Greg

One more thing i would like to point out to everyone... Jerry's pipes are designed around a bike making an overall better usable torque curve and more HP in that useable torque cure. His pipes perform well with his motor setup, but thats not how this pipe was designed. It was designed throughout the years for all bikes, not just a jerry engine combo. I have a friend who is running one on a stock bike (#14) and his bike is a serious machine after he switched pipes. With or without a PV. The PV is like the lochness monster in these bikes.

And Chris, come out to Dumont with Dale next time and i would love for you to look at my grab bar side hilling and flooping over on the big dunes all day. :Laugh6:

#57 ·
I plan on coming with you guys, Greg. I hope to have some more hp by then. I look forward to some good duning.

Great point about the pipe being developed with a goal of more overall usable power.

Jerry is driven by results and is the most humble person you will meet. You will never see this guy on a soap box. I am always amazed at his past accomplishments which just come up in conversation. I don't know how many other builders that have worked with all four major Japenese companies.

#58 ·
Yeah, i have spent a day with him dynoing and putting my motor back together last fall. Not to mention hours and hours of phone time talking with him.. He is a Great Guy.. And DAMN! He is TALL.. hahaha But alot of credit has to be given to Mr. Dale Fry for all the leg work he has done for alot of fellow Zilla guys in regards to these bikes!!

I have another motor for my Zilla down at his shop right now.. Should put me somewhere in the mid 80's. I am not in a rush to get it back because i am in love with the one i have right now. hahaha But i am like you, i always need some more HP..

This year i am going to get back to riding my KX... I spent most of my time on the Zilla last year and forgot how much more i love to dune the KX.. But i cant wait to dune with you and dale! Should be some good times!

#60 ·
will have some numbers on this within 3weeks..

Will be on a full drag ported motor, and a small reed dune motor

Will also have some numbers with this AEEN pipe on a unknown port job, with a powervalve.. Real mild porting

Suppose to have a pipe headed to the west coast. SO if you are the guy thats suppose to send the pipe, dont let us down.

#63 ·
You guys should just keep the results amongst yourselves! Choose who you want to share the results with as they are YOUR dyno runs. Lets face it, the only results the bootlicks are interested in are the Aaen ones. They've stated that over and over about the Aaen pipe. Any results pertaining to their long lost leader on the other hand, will be nothing more than an unadulterated dried up bag of BS! :angry5:

See for yourself: http://www.quadracerhq.com/forum/showthread.php?13339-LT250-500-Headquarters.....Dyno-Runs-July24th

:laugh1:

Someone needs to make a Smiley of a little evil looking guy stirring a big pot! :Laugh7:

#64 ·
We got a smiley:BeatHorse: beating a dead horse, we have a guy:KP:who succeeded in ruining his buisness effectively punching himself in the nuggets.. we also have the thumbs up:thumbsup: for that sting of sarcastic whit!!

choose wisely:thumbsup:

G
#68 ·
Thats what im most afraid of the-gulp...sushi!! Ill try to bring out the bigboy pants.............(if she'll let me):laugh4::laugh4:
I think this Chris (mailman) should come out friday, i mean you guys are all pretty old...how much trouble can you guys get into???:Laugh9:

#72 ·
i guess i am bringing my hall pipe down, so we will have another to test with to speed things up... I think i am going to pack it in my Ogio gear bag with a blanket..

How you packing yours for safe transport? BOX? dont forget, that thing needs protected once the airlines get it!

Dale was talking about going to this sushi restaurant where they take a live baby octopuss and chop its arms/tentacles off right there while its alive... then they take the squirming legs and place it directly on top of the sushi roll.. I guess you have to eat it fast before the legs wiggle off the rice..
I told him to go ahead and preorder 2 for me, 2 for Wes, and i told him 3 for you.. Hope you are hungry!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.