Everything2Stroke Forum banner

4 mil Build.

31K views 190 replies 24 participants last post by  Morph0906 
#1 ·
Taking everything apart and draining fluids Pic's to come!

Going with a 12 port stroker from passion racing stay tuned.

#3 ·
Wow! You going with a set of Passion pipes as well?

#4 ·
If he makes a set of mid range snipers I sure would.

#8 ·
Just a heavy duty clutch kit, PTR Midrange exhaust, 20inch rear holeshots, as far as carbs I got nothing but stockers so far I know it will kill the potential but I'm on a budget for this. Stock head modded for VP105L motorsport. If you guys have any recommendations I'd love to hear it.

#9 · (Edited)

Just some before pic's of the intake should have engine out of frame shots later today.

#12 ·

The most important part of any build.

#13 ·
stockers will work but you may want more cfm up top. i would think that your gonna want to run a lock up man or your gonna be replacing clutches/... best thing to do is talk to jim and get his reccomendations

#14 ·
I wouldn't under estimate stock carbs. Mine ran well with stock carbs. And the only reason I went with a lockup is so I could use only 3HD springs for a lighter pull. Both FAST and RJ ATV both make clutches that will hold you power.

#15 ·

I really want to have a CR red frame but next rebuild maybe.

#17 ·
Oh yeah man now that the engines out I'm gonna scrub the whole thing down with cleaner.

#18 ·
The engine is a long way from home(New York) and safely arrived in Oklahoma shipping was kinda killer. I made a wooden cradle for the engine that stopped forward backward and side to side movement and rigged eye bolts to the cradle to hold the engine down with ratchet straps on a platform of shipping foam.

I didn't take any pictures of the crate or cradle I made sorry I will when I get it back and unbox it.

Now that the engine is gone I was going over the chassis and the rear end is squeaking pretty bad when I rolled it backwards. What should I go over now that the engine is gone? The brakes front and rear were still real strong and working fine when I rode it last.

#44 ·
Now that the engine is gone I was going over the chassis and the rear end is squeaking pretty bad when I rolled it backwards. What should I go over now that the engine is gone?
I would lift the Banshee off the ground, spin the wheels to rule out axle bearings.
Could be shock/link bushings.

I can't remember the member selling the leak tester kits, let me dig around the forum.

#19 ·

Reeds just got here engine should finally be back on wednesday, pics coming soon of the unboxing-engine cradle I made. Work that has been done 4mil 12 port by passion racing, engine head modded for 110 octane, boss intake manifold and a few other mods to hold the power.

#20 ·
Reeds just got here engine should finally be back on wednesday, pics coming soon of the unboxing-engine cradle I made. Work that has been done 4mil 12 port by passion racing, engine head modded for 110 octane, boss intake manifold and a few other mods to hold the power.
nice build man, i hope it all goes well. I ran mine on 115 octane race fuel i believe. Man did mine rip, now it runs on premium. Let us know how it turns out when you test it

#22 ·
My camera only records 8 seconds so it will have to be quick. Plus it's cold as a witches tit outside putting the engine back in is going to suck. Hopefully the sound won't be too distorted.

#25 ·
Yeah I've read that a few times also do you know if the problem still persists with the built in crossover intake?

#27 ·

Engine just arrived was dropped from about a foot off the back of the UPS truck.

Engine unboxed and unwrapped.

Head on port view.

Pic of the intake.

More pics and install updates coming when it gets a little warmer.

#36 ·
Engine just arrived was dropped from about a foot off the back of the UPS truck.
i bet that made you grimace! glad everything is in good shape. it's lookin good!

#30 · (Edited)
Not sure what the dents are right handed milling maybe? have a lot of 110 octane to break it in with. There used to be a guy on ebay selling leak down testers does anybody know if he's still selling them? Also what is the difference inbetween the 130 dollar silicone rad hoses on ebay and the ones for 50 bucks?

Thanks for the replies guys we'll have this going before Christmas.

#31 ·
nice.........

#32 ·
Check out my build thread for homeade leakdown tester & exhaust port plugs, you can easily make one.
Also check out the classifieds. A member here makes and sells $30 kits.

#34 ·
I get a 404 error when using the classifieds do you have his name or thread where he sells them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.