Question 04 trx450r front shocks?

hey i have an 86 trx250r and i was wondering if the stock shocks off an 04 trx450r will work on a 250r? if so do i need to mod then any or will they bolt right on?
    thanks
    1986 trx250r
    fmf gold series pipe
    Power core silencer
    LSR +4 rear axle
    LSR hubs
    Chrome AC front bumper
    Protaper handlebars
    Powermadd hand guards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries

They will bolt on but it will make the front end sit high and it puts a lot of stress on the ball joints. And it will be a stiff ride. If you are gonna do the 450r shocks, they will work a lot better with +2 or +3 a arms and get 06 & up 450r shocks. They have better valving and a softer spring rate so it will ride much better.
    01 Banshee....020" over, Pro Circuit pipes, DMC 916 silencer, CFM aluminum airbox,
    Uni filters, TDR reeds, lightened flywheel, milled head, +4 timing, Renthal bars,
    250r front shocks, Duro Hook ups on the front, Dunlop KT396's out back,
    400ex thumb throttle, TORS removed, yfz450 front brakes.

3. Default

Yes they fit but you need to clearance them at the top mount where the fender brace stud is. I run a set of 08 take offs with +2 Leagers and they work great. Just the right amount of sag with a soft ride but it takes a serious bump/jump to bottom them. With stock arms 450r shocks are way to stiff with no sag at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStock View Post
    Yes they fit but you need to clearance them at the top mount where the fender brace stud is. I run a set of 08 take offs with +2 Leagers and they work great. Just the right amount of sag with a soft ride but it takes a serious bump/jump to bottom them. With stock arms 450r shocks are way to stiff with no sag at all.
    I didn't realize the '08 works good with +2 a-arms. Thats some good info.
    Support our site>> E2S Premium Membership

E2S MOD

ok thanks for the help.
    1986 trx250r
    fmf gold series pipe
    Power core silencer
    LSR +4 rear axle
    LSR hubs
    Chrome AC front bumper
    Protaper handlebars
    Powermadd hand guards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStock View Post
    Could you post some pics? Sounds pretty sweet!
    • 1988 Honda TRX250R (Project R) FMF Exhaust

• 2004 Yamaha Blaster w/ holeshots front and rear, wheel spacers front and rear, OMF engine scoops, AC nerf bars, AC six-pack rack, Toomey B1 Exhaust, UNI airfilter with airbox lid off, and Renthal handlebars (YFZ450 bend)

how did the shocks work out? im looking at a pair right now

i just bought a pair for my 88' trx250r did you alter the front fender support at all?

No dice? Foxrider, let me know how it goes bro.
    • 1988 Honda TRX250R (Project R) FMF Exhaust

• 2004 Yamaha Blaster w/ holeshots front and rear, wheel spacers front and rear, OMF engine scoops, AC nerf bars, AC six-pack rack, Toomey B1 Exhaust, UNI airfilter with airbox lid off, and Renthal handlebars (YFZ450 bend)