1. 87 LT 250R Powervalve ?

Quick question, I have an 87 LT250R, yesterday when I was out riding it was unable to climb a hill in first gear it was pretty steep, but a hill I had climbed with it before. Plug is good and properly gapped. My question is if my powervalve was gumbed up would this effect the power when climbing hills, but not when running wide open on fairly flat fields? Tried to climb the hill twice and both times it lost power and stalled, didn't seem to matter how much gas I gave it, it couldn't make it!
    So if it is the power valve what is the simplest way to clean it, I already have the replacement gasket just wondered what other people thought.
    Sliding down hills backwards is not my idea of fun :angry3:
    If you don't think it is the powervalve what do you think it is, it was able to climb smaller hills directly there after.
    Thanks for any input!
    87 Suzuki LT250R :p
    FMF Pipe and PowerCore Silencer
    Boyesen Reeds
    Uni Air Filter
    AC Racing Front Bumper
    Answer Handle Bars
    Scott Grips :(
    Complete new Factory clutch w/ KG ClutchFactory Pro Series fibers/drives/springs
    ITP Rims and Maxxis Tires (Rear)
    34 mm Keihin Carburetor

You just got passed, so kiss my a**, now you know you should've been runnin' mixed gas

im geussing that this prolly doesnt have to do with your power valve, but you could take the cover off and just take like a cotton swab and take all the gook and stuff out of there. Im geussing for this problem that your float or something is sticking in your carb, causing it to bog when you hit the hill.
    1992 lt250r 86 rm250 cylinder
    1987 lt500
    1990 lt250r ftz built

good call on the carb. thats what i would say, just pull it off and give it a good cleaning and it should help.
    2002 Cannondale Speed

1987 LT 250R Quadracer (Out of Commission as of 6-11-05)
    Ported and Polished
    Bored (0.020)
    Wiseco Piston
    Pro Design Cool Head
    V-Force Delta Reeds
    Barnett Dirt Digger Clutch Kit
    FMF Pipe and Silencer
    Durablue +4 Rear Axle
    ITP Aluminum Rims

2002 MXZ 500
    Jetted and Clutched
    But still only a 500

Pass it up? I wouldn't dare. Oh, what a wild ride!

4. Default

Ok, thanks for the help!
    So, you think the carb would only act up on the hill? It runs great the rest of the time, usually starts within 2 kicks, idles smooth, acceleratess great through every gear, etc.
    That is a simple fix so if that is what it is great!
    Thanks again!
    Boyesen Reeds
    Uni Air Filter
    AC Racing Front Bumper
    Answer Handle Bars
    Complete new Factory clutch w/ KG ClutchFactory Pro Series fibers/drives/springs
    34 mm Keihin Carburetor

You just got passed, so kiss my a**, now you know you should've been runnin' mixed gas

5. Default

One more quick ?, if one of the jets was not the right size (too small) would that cause the same issue, stalling out under the load of hill climbing. If so would it be the main?
    Boyesen Reeds
    Uni Air Filter
    AC Racing Front Bumper
    Answer Handle Bars
    34 mm Keihin Carburetor

if it's only on the hills i would say no. its your float thats out of adjustment. how big of a hill? if your on a pretty steep hill then theres not enough fuel in the bowl and its not reaching the jets.

does it run fine on the flats? hows the top end?

7. Default

Runs awesome on the flat surfaces and slight inclines, this hill was one of those that as it stalled I thought guess this might not have been the best idea probably about a seventy to eighty degree incline. Top end is sweet, I can come from behind and pass everyone I have ridden with (nobody else has any machine similar though that I ride with).
    The only issue seems to be on the fun hills :(
    I hope ot have some time this weekend and take the carb apart clean it again and make sure the float is working properly.
    Thank you for all your input, anymore in regards to this issue would be great!
    Boyesen Reeds
    Uni Air Filter
    AC Racing Front Bumper
    Answer Handle Bars
    34 mm Keihin Carburetor