Lightbulb 2 Stroke On Methanol

Anybody Here Have Any Experience On Running A 2 Stroke Sucessfully On Methanol???? If So What Must Be Done ?????

high compression ,porting ,fuel pump, hotter ignition
    CLICK BELOW FOR MY NEW SITE

http://flotekperformance.com/home
    HELP SUPPORT OUR SITE >http://forums.everything2stroke.com/...ad.php?t=35928
    http://www.rjatv.com/
    cheapest ^^performance parts online

Whats a hotter ignition?A guy i know told me his banshee was so fast that his wires fried can this even happen?
    2005 Banshee SE
    Evils Wicked port job
    T5s

i think his brain was prolly fried. you would need a hotter ignition for better spark to fully ignite the highly compressed methanol fuel.
    98 CR250
    96 Banshee w/ rz engine
    91 LT250R w/ 03 z400 rear shock and 98CR250 engine (ITS ALIVE!!!)
    86 TRX250R w/ f4i engine

E2S militia member

i have a question...what if you mixed methanol with gas...would that work or would youstill need a hot spark and high comp? or could you just add a littl ebit to your gas to give it a boost? where I work they put methanol in the semi's to keep them from freezing...
    Saul
    1998 Yamaha Banshee

Something sick in the making...out of frame pipes...plus 12 swinger...40's...

2005 MXZ 800x PowerTek
    Mild portwork, shortened pipe, factory reprogrammed ignition

E2S militia member

Gas & alky wont mix, you got to have a blending agent.
    Neil

7. Default easy to do

Ok, I run methanol in 3 different 2 stroke motors, lt250r, cr125, kx250. 1. and very important, meth will not mix with most oils...must use Klotz BeNOL racing castor. 2. Must jet your carb wide open, probablly better to get a big bell carb. 3.Use a hotter spark plug. 4. Porting is great, will let the monster breath...but is not necessary. The KX is stock and runs well!! 5. Be very carefull with your jetting, too lean, as with any 2 stroke will fry the piston, actually burn a hole right through it. 6. Also, a different ignition is not necessary, the methanol burns cooler than gas and preignition is not that big of a problem, however, if your do port for higher RPMs, a spark advance would be helpful. Check out www.esr250.com and www.ftzracing.com both are experts in meth engines.
    91 LT250r
    Works Shocks
    Cool Power Head
    Level III porting
    FMF Gold Series Pipe
    FMF Silencer
    .80 over
    MMF Nerfs
    ITP polished alum rears w/turftamers 10in
    Gecko paddles on 8in ITP polished alum
    Dura Blue + 4 rear
    Insanity at its finest

SUZUKI 1979 PE250

98 STALLARD MICRO SPRINT W/LT250R and ESR/CR125 ON METHANOL

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanlt250r
    different ignition is not necessary.
    That is not necessarily true, I experienced tons of preignition problems when I switched my R to alky. Bear in mind I have had previous experience with alky so I know the ins and outs of jetting it. Once meth goes lean it is very easy to preignite it. It is also more particular with timing and dome design, there is a fine line. Its very forgiving up to a point then it tears shit up. After my first experience I wouldnt hesitate to run anything on alky, then after the honda I would only recommend it when all the mods necessary are made and zero corners cut. Most important is dome design, ignition, and jetting.